With integrated wireless connectivity, voice recognition, and home automation support, the Amazon Echo isn't your typical wireless speaker. Equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi and a 7-microphone array, the Echo connects to your home's wireless network and allows you to intuitively play music, check the weather and traffic anywhere in the US, hear sports scores, and more. Using far-field voice recognition technology, the built-in microphones allow the Echo to recognize your voice from any direction in the room, even while music is playing. Thanks to its 360° omni-directional design, the speaker emits sound in all directions. Bluetooth is also on-board, enabling the Echo to wirelessly pair and play audio from a variety of audio sources, such as smartphones and tablets.
Thanks to the Echo's top-mounted volume ring, you can easily control music playback levels. The volume ring also glows, allowing you to easily see the Echo's status. For even greater control, you'll also find Action and Microphone Off buttons located on top of the speaker. The Action button can turn off a timer or alarm, wake the device, or enable Wi-Fi setup mode. The Amazon Echo stands 9.25" tall and incorporates a 2.5" woofer and 2" tweeter for producing full-range sound. Additionally, the Echo's cabinet is equipped with a reflex port that is designed to offer enhanced bass sound.
- Far-Field Voice Recognition Technology
- Under the Echo's light ring is a 7-microphone array. These sensors use beam-forming technology that is designed hear your voice from any direction. With enhanced noise cancellation, the Echo can hear you ask a question even while it's playing music. Additionally, the Echo uses on-device keyword spotting to detect the wake word. When Echo detects the wake word, it lights up and streams your voice to the cloud to process your requests.
- Free Alexa Companion App
- With the free companion app on Fire OS, Android, iOS, and web browsers, you can easily manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more from your Internet-connected devices. Alexa uses cloud technology and the more you use the Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. When the Echo is connected to the Internet, updates are delivered automatically.
- Immersive 360° Sound
- The Echo is designed to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response. Its dual downward-firing speakers produce 360° omni-directional audio to provide immersive and room-filling sound.
- Music Support
- The Echo provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Prime Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Furthermore, the Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services like Spotify and iTunes from your smartphone or tablet.
- Home Automation Support
- When paired with compatible home automation devices, you can use the Echo to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn on the fan or space heater while reading in your favorite chair, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie. The Echo works with devices such as lights and switches from Belkin WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, INSTEON, and Wink.
- Additional Features
- Setup: Guided by the free Alexa companion app, setup is design to be simple and straightforward
- Audible: Play audiobooks from Audible and built-in Whispersync for Voice allows you to continue right where you left off
- Calendar: Check your upcoming schedule by asking what's on your Google calendar
- Shopping: Restock on previously purchased items by re-ordering Prime-eligible products in your Amazon shopping history
- Sports: Ask for sports scores and schedules from the NFL, NBA, MLS, MLB, NHL, NCAA, WNBA, and more
- Pandora: Listen to and discover music from Pandora's library of over 1 million tracks.
- News and Weather: Hear up-to-the-minute weather and news from a variety of sources, including local radio stations, NPR, and ESPN from TuneIn (weather and traffic support is limited to US use)
- Questions and Answers: Get information from Wikipedia, definitions, answers to common questions, and more
- Alarms, Timers, and Lists: Stay on time and organized with voice-controlled alarms, timers, shopping lists, and to-do lists